The Mini Wellness Retreat
New to the stable of Sydney Harbour Kayak's widely acclaimed guided kayak tours is The Wellness Retreat, a morning of paddling, yoga and meditation. If you don't have time for a weekend at a health spa, but crave some time-out to nurture body and soul, here's your answer.
The-three hour mini retreat begins as you paddle out across beautiful Middle Harbour. From the moment your kayak glides through the water, the noise in your head begins to fade as your guide Joanna Kirkpatrick, gently brings your focus to the present.
You will paddle to a secluded beach for one hour of yoga, followed by a meditation, then a short break to enjoy some healthy fresh fruit. By the time you paddle back you will find yourself in the perfect space to soak up the serenity of Middle Harbour, and take in the spectacular scenery on offer. Your morning will finish with some gentle yoga stretches, leaving you feeling truly revitalised.
The Mini Wellness Retreat costs $80.
8am to 11am
The kayaking and yoga is suitable for all levels, including beginners. To book please call: 9960 4389 or visit www.sydneyharbourkayaks.com.au
. All kayaking and safety equipment
. Safety talk and instruction
. Bottled water
. Delicious, healthy morning tea
. Qualified kayak guide and yoga instructor
The tours require a minimum of six people to start and we can manage up to 12 people at one time.
What to bring:
* Beach towel (preferable to a yoga mat in this case)
* Sun cream
* Sun glasses
* T-shirt (ideally long sleeve) or sun shirt (rashie)
* Additional layers for cold / windy days
* Comfortable shorts or leggings
* Footwear that can get wet
* Dry change of clothes
We have a changing room with a toilet and shower facilities on site.
Lockers available for valuables, and a storage room for larger items.
Sydney Harbour Kayaks is located at the south-eastern foot of the Spit Bridge, at Smiths Boatshed, 81 Parriwi Road, Mosman, next to Plonk Beach Cafe, and underneath Afous restaurant.
Free on-street parking is available on:
- Parriwi Point (on the upper section of Parriwi Rd, Mosman), and
- Avona Crescent, Seaforth.
Ticketed parking is available on:
- The Spit Road beside Sydney Harbour Kayaks (weekend rate: $7 per hour), and
- The Spit West Reserve car park – on the opposite side of the Spit Rd to Sydney Harbour Kayaks (again: $7 per hour).